More vegetables into your diet is possible, with this awesome healthy vegetable quiche. Try out the Sweet potato and Spinach vegetable quiche recipe.
This is a simple gluten free, low carb and low calories recipe, full on vegetables. The sweet potato brings lots of vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin D, iron, magnesium and potassium. Allied with the spinach in the recipe, this is the must-have meal for healthy eating. Check out the health benefits of the sweet potato here.
Sweet potato and Spinach vegetable quiche
For the egg batter
150ml of milk
¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
For the spinach filling
400 grams of baby spinach leaves
1 onion, cut in small pieces
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
For the crust
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
For the topping
¼ cup of Grated Edam or Cheddar cheese (or almond meal)
For: 6 people
Calories: 130 per portion
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Finely slice the sweet potatoes.
- Use a round oven ceramic dish, and cover the bottom of the dish with oil (don’t hesitate to use your fingers to put oil everywhere, put some oil as well on the sides of the dish).
- Place the sliced sweet potato in the dish at the bottom, each piece slightly overlapping the next, and place them in circle to cover the bottom of the dish. Cover the sides of the dish as well.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- In the meantime, in a frying pan, warm some olive oil, and add the garlic and onion. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Add the spinach to it and reduce the fire to low heat. Cook until the spinach are cooked and tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Prepare the egg batter. Stir the eggs in a bowl and add the milk and the nutmeg.
- Assemble! Add the spinach mix on top of the sweet potato crust in the oven dish, then cover the spinach with the egg batter. Finally, cover every time with the cheese topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until ready.
- Cut in 6 quiche portions. And voila!
For an even healthier version, reduce the portion of cheese added at the top, or avoid adding any cheese. You can also replace the grated cheese with almond meal for a dairy free recipe.
Check out our over recipes to learn more about how to cook awesome vegetables recipes.